Nikki Lin (Xiuping Lin)
I am a career-minded self-starter with good interpersonal skills and over 20 years experience in the design industry. My experience includes working with graphics, websites, printed materials and presentations. I am a creative individual who can also work well with others. I understand the value of working together as a team. I have extensive experience working with international manufactories in China. I have advanced levels of design and layout skills in Microsoft and Adobe products.
AREA OF EXPERTISE (Mac & PC)
Web and Graphics:
Computer 3D Modeling, Texturing/Lighting & Sculpture:
3ds Max, MAYA, Cinema 4D, ZBrush and Google Sketchup.
3D Animation / Video editing:
3ds Max, Maya, Final Cut Studio, Motion.
Examples of my work: http://nikkilin.com/
1989-1992: Earned Bachelor Degree, Fuzhou Academy of Arts and Sculpture Fujian, China.
2001-2002: Web/Graphic De Anza College. Cupertino, CA.
2002-2004: Web/Graphic San Jose City College. San Jose, CA.
2010 – Present: Rocket Dog Brands Inc.
Web Administrator, San Ramon. CA
* Working with VP-marketing, produce and deliver high-quality, design-savvy web & interactive content.
* Design page layouts, site content, graphics and banners
* Responsible for email marketing campaigns,
* Mobile site, development and layout
* Design and layout of printed material
* Developed and maintain company E-Commerce websites
* Troubleshoot and ensure quality of final web output.
* Update and Develop web contents with Venda front-end platform.
* Design 3d Booth for trade shows.
* Editing Product videos for web.
* PowerPoint Presentation Design.
2007 – 2010 HyperSurf Internet Services Inc.
Web/Graphic Designer, San Jose, CA.
* Developed and maintained company websites utilizing Dreamweaver, HTML, Flash and Photoshop.
* Performed validation of completed sites including the debugging and testing of code.
* Created graphics including icons and logos using Fireworks and Photoshop.
* Met and corresponded with clients to determine client needs for company sites.
* Created corporate web sites, portals and large-scale web applications.
* Developed and designed new web interfaces, layouts and site graphics.
* Created and Designed test web sites for sales as well as demonstration purposes.
2003 – 2007 Freelancer & College.
* Studied computer 2D/3D web graphic & animation.
* Using 2D/3D graphic software to visualize product concepts and ideas.
* Freelance website design and graphics design.
2002 – 2003 Producer Price Corp.
Lead product design, art director. Union City, CA, U.S.A.
* Develop products such as gift, toy and home accessories designs.
* Travel to China to consulting with manufactories, and visit trade shows.
1997 – 2002 Lin Xiuping, Studios.
Founder, President, Design – Development Consultant and Art Director, Shenzheng, China.
* Consulting product designs over 50 manufactories in ShengZhen, Fujian, Donguan, Guangzhou China.
* Over 10 different types of products designs such as toy, gift, doll and home decor.
* Use of many different types of materials including plastics, foam materials, resin, wood, glass, and metal etc.
* Managed a studio design team of forty employees.
1995 -1997 The Koly Company.
Lead Sculptor, Gift and Toy Designer, Consultant, Dongguan, China.
* Develop products designs.
* Inspect and revise development samples to meet specifications within product guidelines.
* Track sample entries to assure on-time development, engineering and accurate specifications.
* Communicate with company clients for new product designs.
1992-1995 The Baida Manufactory.
Sculptor & Designer, Shenzhen, China.
* Product designs and sculpture.
* Develop product color/materials.
* Communicate with production line.
* Determine product cost.